Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fair and Augusta


Hello Adopt a Golden Atlanta –



I wanted to drop you a line to tell you how much my life has changed in the past 6 months. If you remember, I was a skinny, heartworm positive, gal – missing a lot of hair – rescued from a shelter near Augusta. You called me Savannah, took me to a great doctor who treated my heartworms. Then, a great mom and dad asked to foster me through my heartworm treatment. They picked me up on a Friday during the Master’s Tournament. . . and by the time Angel Cabrera won on Sunday. . . I had won as well by winning a place in their hearts forever. Mom and dad have a niece named Savannah, so they started calling me Augusta – since I came from around there and was happy to hang out and watch the Master’s Tournament with them.

In addition to mom and dad being the greatest, I also have an older brother Fairchild (we call him Fair around the house) who was also rescued by Adopt a Golden Atlanta, and three cat siblings. . . Mom and dad say Fair is acting a lot younger than his 9 years now that I am around to keep things exciting!



I love my family and all of the great things we do together. Mom and dad have taken us to the mountains a few times so that Fair and I can swim in the lakes and hike up to see some pretty waterfalls. We also go for lots of walks and have a great big back-yard for exploring. Now that I am healthy and my hair grown out, mom and dad can’t take me for a walk without being told what a pretty girl I am. . . I sure do love the attention!



Well, I should probably go. It is about time for Fair and me to go for a walk. I asked mom to include a picture of me and Fair hanging out last night – I’m the one in the front.



Thank you Adopt a Golden Atlanta. . . without your help and the work of all of your volunteers, I would not have the life that I do today. I am one happy girl and thankful to be living the golden life!



Lots of licks and love,



Augusta

No comments: