Wednesday, March 21, 2012

It’s My Birthday and I’ll Look Adorable If I Want To



“Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday handsome Banjo, happy birthday to me!” 


Hi – it’s Banjo! And yes, I am talking about myself in the third person. But it’s my Birthday and I’m the king. Actually, my birthday was yesterday, but I ate too many treats, got extra loving from my family and played a little too hard. I’m exhausted from all the birthday celebrations but I did just turn 9-years-old, so it was totally worth it. 

To be honest, my birthday was pretty amazing, but I think a big reason why I’m so happy is that it’s about to be five years since the best family in the world took me into their loving home, and made me one of their own. I have never felt so cherished, protected and wanted. My past is a distant memory, let’s just say it wasn’t a good life. However, my tail wags and my heart sparkles when I think about the fact that I was saved by the wonderful people at Adopt A Golden Atlanta. I am not only thankful to AGA for saving my life, but for also helping me find the perfect family; a family that truly loves me and has helped me overcome some issues and become the happy boy I am today. I wish I would have saved some birthday treats to share with the people at AGA but they were so tasty I couldn’t resist. Woof! Woof!

In other news, my birthday is next year on March 20…. Just kidding! The real news is that my boy Patrick, the most awesome human brother to ever walk the universe, made the UGA spring football team. Woof! I’m so happy. I guess you could say I’m a very proud DAWG!

Well, AGA -- I just wanted to fill ya’ll in on my birthday festivities and wanted to say – thank you, again!

Lots of wet kisses and happy barks,

Banjo


P.S.- I would like to thank my dad, Dan, for an awesome birthday party. “Dan, you’re the man… I mean – you rock, dad!”

No comments: