Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tanner (Rocky) Checks In One Year Later

I am emailing to let you all know this is my 1 year anniversary since coming to my new home! I was adopted by Katherine Hawkins and her family and life here is sweet!!!!!!!I have my sister Lucy and my cat siblings, Jake and Marina to play with. Lucy, Jake and I hang out and snuggle all the time, especially Jake. (Marina is a loner, so I just say hi! with a sniff as she walks by.)After my surgery and recovery, I am now able to hop up on the furniture with ease to sleep with my humans. They were so happy to see my progress that they let me sleep wherever I want! Isn't that AWESOME!!!!Christmas was great, the best yet! Santa brought everyone presents and I got a new snowman, deer antlers and some snacks in my stocking! I'm very friendly now, and not as nervous around new people anymore. People are actually really great!
I don't hang outside ALL the time like I used to. Now I usually opt for staying inside when it rains, like Lucy! She has taught me tons about how to be a spoiled rotten doggy!Katherine has taught me some basic commands like sit and stay, so I get a little treat! My mom says I smell like chicken every time she kisses me!I love waking my family up by laying on their chest and licking their face until they wake up. Lucy helps, too. She stands on the side of the bed and breathes directly into my mom's or dad's face. (This "applying hot-breath while licking the face" is a very effective method-works every time!) I had my yearly check-up in December. The doctor said I am in great shape! Everyone at the doc's office kisses me like crazy and they all think I am the cutest dog ever! Wow! (I weigh 51 pounds now and run like the wind!)Thank you Adopt A Golden for finding me and helping me find a good home. Being loved so much by so many is the best!!!!Here's to wet noses and wagging tails! Tanner Hawkins

No comments: