Friday, November 14, 2008

Beezie Checks In

Dear AGA,

I am sure you all remember me. My name was Lolly. Now I go by Beezie. I spent the first few weeks in the program at GVS because I had parvo. While I was there I met a very wise old Golden named Henry. He was there fighting cancer and was really ready to get his wings. Henry had lived a very full life of almost 14 years being loved and cared for by his girl, Dominique. She was the only reason he decided to continue to fight. You see, Henry could not bear the thought of leaving his girl without a BFF. I listened as Henry told stories of all the adventures they had together over the years…going on walks and fun trips, to horseshows, school and cuddling every night! Henry even saved her life when she was 4 years old! He is so brave.
As I listened to the countless tales, I thought to myself, "How perfect! If only I had a girl of my very own to love!" Then Henry got an idea. Henry told me to fight to get better and he would arrange for me to go live with Dominique. He said I was much too young to get my wings and he was looking forward to a nice comfy cloud where he could watch me and the girl grow together. I promised him I would take good care of her and love her with all my heart. He closed his eyes, smiled and said "I know you will." Then the most magical thing happened, Instantly, Henry received the most spectacular set of golden wings and I felt all better!

Just as Henry had promised, I went to go live with Dominique. She is my very own girl! Dominique is teaching me all about being a BFF. We spend every minute we can together. Henry was right. Life is really worth fighting for when you have so many things to look forward to each and everyday. Every now and then Henry calls down from his cloud and gives me a few pointers. When he does the girl always says, "Sweet girl, Henry used to do that too!" She smiles and kisses me right on the tip of my nose. And when she does, Henry smiles down from heaven and whispers to me, "The girl always used to do that to me too!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh' Beezee this post made me cry (in a good way) I'm so happy you found your forever home with Henrys girl. What a gift you gave each other :)