Saturday, November 1, 2008

Drake's First Letter From His New Home

I wanted to tell you I'm really liking my new forever home so far.

This family walks and hikes a lot which helps me get my teenage energy out. I went on my very first hike this weekend to Kennesaw mountain where I met lots of other doggies. I sure do like hiking. My new parents tell me I'm going to be an excellent trail dog.

I like that my new pal, 3-year old Jenna, has lots of stuffed animals. I try to nonchalantly grab one every time I'm in her room, but I always seem to get caught. She's clever, though, and has started hiding them in her laundry hamper.

My friends at AGA mentioned I wasn't very good on a leash and boy did I give my new mommy a run for her money when she came to adopt me-- pulled her clear across the parking lot. But she caught onto my games and, thanks to AGA advice, got the right collar then **poof** I was a totally different dog. I had to show her I really did know how to heel and walk very nicely on the leash (drats!). By the end of my first day with my new family, I was heeling like a champ. I guess if it gets me extra treats and loves, I don't mind showing my doggie manners.

Thanks to Lisle, Candace, Renee, Kay, Heather and Carol at AGA for all the great advice they gave my new parents during the approval/adoption process. Everyone was so responsive and it allowed me to quickly find my new forever home.

No comments: