Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Retractable Leashes are Dangerous!

Yeah, they seem pretty cool. And convenient. But the fact is that they are dangerous to people and pups! My name is Rusty and I just returned home after being lost for almost 2 days. My loving family had a retractable leash on me and accidentally dropped it when we went out for a walk on Monday. It was LOUD! I'll admit I'm easily spooked, but a lot of rescue dogs are. I freaked and took off running and that thing kept chasing me!!! It was scary. I'm lucky that I found my way home early this morning.

One of my golden pals was also on a retractable leash one day and when his mom dropped hers she reached down to get it and it swirled up and cut the tip of her finger off - ouch!!! And lots of us have seen our people get tangled up in them, ending up with rope burns and stuff.

So, Adopt A Golden has asked me to tell everyone to stop using these!! Gotta go catch up on my sleep now.

No comments: