Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Anastasia's Story

My last job was to have puppies. I did it for 6 years. A lot. The last time I only had 4 puppies so my boss fired me. In the puppy breeding business that means I got dropped off at an animal shelter. Thank goodness AGA came and got me - whew!! They told me to keep my furry little head held high. They said not to feel bad about losing my old job because, in fact, it was a crappy job and there is a much better life out there. Sounded good to me!

And they were right!!! I went to live with a foster family. They pampered me - I got my very own "fresh start makeover"...grooming, a spay appointment, shopping! I really liked these people but I knew it was just temporary. And then the best thing happened on my 6th birthday this past Sunday. My fosters decided to adopt me! My birthday present that day was a brand new red heart shaped “Annie” tag for my collar. It's official - I'm now part of a true forever family! The best birthday EVER.

No comments: