Friday, October 24, 2008

Abby's Mom Writes In



Hey y'all! My mom wrote you this letter below. I just want to add in my two cents: THANK YOU for giving me a wonderul life! Love, Abby

Dear AGA,
I have been meaning to write you guys for the longest time. I am sorry that it has taken me this long. I adopted "Abbey Road" on April 1, 2007 and I wanted to send you an update on her. I am also going to attach some pictures for you!
I cannot express to you how wonderful it has been to have Abby in my life. Now I can't imagine life without her. When I brought her home, AGA told me they thought she was ABOUT 7 years old. My vet told me she thought she was closer to 8 years old. So, I decided that we would say she was 7 and 1/2. I then decided that 6 months from the date I got her would be her 8th birthday. (Oct. 1, 2007). So, Abby is now 9 years old! Go Abby!
And just as you all had "warned" me, she is definitely a couch potato! She is also, however, been the greatest joy and addition to my life, to date. Sometimes I wonder if the love that I have for this dog is unhealthy in any way. She is my constant companion at home and I miss her while I'm anywhere else. I always look forward to going back home because I know SHE will be there waiting for me.Recently we have been dealing with some behavioral issues, but we won't give up! We have a great vet and behaviorist to help us along the way.
Overall, I just wanted to express my gratitude to your organization for all that you have done and continue to do. Again, "thank you" is not enough but for now all I can offer.

No comments: