Saturday, October 18, 2008

My First Month at My New Home, by Brandi


Hi everyone at AGA. You used to know me as Alexandra before my Mom and Dad changed my name to Brandi, which I quite like. I have been in my forever home for just about a month now and things are going great. I have an older golden brother, Jake, and two kitties, Chui and Simba, to play with. We all get along fine. I have a fenced back yard to run and play in, but, of course, I do have my chores. Someone has to keep those pesky squirrels in line. They like to stay up in the trees and wait for a chance to get to the bird feeders. That’s me in the picture while on guard duty. I wait patiently; hoping one of them will make a mistake. I also like riding in the car even though my Mom doesn’t want me to sit on her lap in the front seat.

I spend my nights sleeping on my own cushion in Mom and Dad’s bedroom. For some reason Jake doesn’t like cushions but he has his own polar fleece blanket in the doorway which he enjoys. Jake and I plus the kitties get lots of pets and brushings and we doggies love the tummy rubs. I know I am going to be really happy here. I love my Daddy and follow him around everywhere.

Thank you AGA for rescuing me and bringing me to Atlanta where I have such a wonderful life. My prior life and the fire in Alabama seem like a distant memory. I didn’t know that life could be so good!

No comments: